- Rug: A rug is so important to me to put into a classroom environment. It is the perfect meeting spot for a class and a spot where kids can be focused while doing silent reading time. I love the colors of these rugs and their vintage bohemian look.
2. Bookshelves: My bookshelves are hurting in my classroom so I think its time for some pretty light colored shelves. These are perfect and the right price point.
3. Desk and Chairs: I love the clean look of a smaller white desk and chairs. This could be the perfect area to do reading or writing conferences with a student.
4. Tee Pee- I think a tee pee in the classroom near a reading rug would be every child’s dream. Students can take turns using the spot during silent reading time which will be their special time to be in there. I also think it’s so cozy and cute!
5. Floor Pillows- Obviously the reading area is my favorite and it needs to be cozy. I love these square tufted floor pillows that students can lean on! It can also be a way to make more flexible seating for groups.
6. Macrame Wall Hangings: I use the removable clear command hooks to hang different wall pictures in my classroom. Macrame is my favorite and I love the bohemian feel. This is super cute and would be perfect to show student photos working in the class all year long!
7.Green Plants- One of the best decorative items I ever added to my classroom was my succulents. I love having green plants in my room even if they are not real! Here are some favorites!
8. Creamy colored bins: I love the color assortment of these bins..especially the creamy pink color. They could be used to organize in the classroom as a book bin or to hold materials.
9. Desk Accents: Add in anything that catches your eye.
Do you plan to redecorate your classroom this year? Let me know your theme!